lunedì 26 settembre 2022

Upcycled Coiled Basket Galore

 

After a long Summer of 'hard' working, here we are with at least one post dedicated to my latest obsession: coiling basket, made mainly of upcycled materials, such plastic bags, old bed linens and lots of fabric strips (I started with leftovers and then I finally started putting a dent on my large collection of any kind of fabric I had in my stash for years). Yesterday I just finished my first ever coiled vessel. Why on earth I thought it would be simpler and quicker than the flat large ones... :-D:

Here's a quick recap of the process:

And then a squared very large basket (40 cm) made with a sort of pattern and limited palette:

And the very first baskets made in July, how wonky is the small basket? But it is ok... 



How to start a coiled basket:
 
The first coiled basket:




2 commenti:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) ha detto...

Favolosi!!!! La tua scelta dei colori è stupenda!! Questo tipo di craft non fa per me, ma lo ammiro tanto!!! E pensare che ho avanzi di stoffa ovunque... :/

Crafty Claire ha detto...

Wow! You have been working hard on these. They look amazing and practical too xx