martedì 25 settembre 2018

GelPrinted Book with GelliArts® 'Freedom'

Since I'm a bit obsessed with gel printing ( just a bit ;-)) lately, I am always looking for materials where to print on. In my opinion, until now, best surfaces where to gel print on are :
-1-Good quality white smooth cardstock (expensive, I know)
-2-Parchment paper ( I am partial to GelliArts® parchment sheets)
-3-Book pages

Essendo leggermente ossessionata con il gel printing ultimamente (ma solo leggermente, eh) sono sempre alla ricerca di materiali sui quali gellare. Dopo studi approfonditi sono arrivata a questa classifica:
1---Cartoncino ultraliscio di buona qualità (lo so, non è economico)
2---Carta velina ( la migliore e più resistente quella della GelliArts®)
3---Pagine di libro
The cover is made with gel printed parchment paper (here a video how to gel print and use parchment paper)
La copertina è fatta ricoprendo di carta velina gellata (qui un video su come fare)
And in this case I gel printed directly on book pages: you can do it, as long as you open the book  very well and push hard along the spine against the plate
E qui ho osato gellare direttamente sul libro: si può fare, aprendo bene il libro e premendo al centro bene sul gelli plate
I know I can make ArtJournaling, stamping, doodling etc...but I like so much these background pages that I decided to leave them as they are.
Sono pagine perfette per farci ArtJournaling, però mi dispiaceva troppo coprirle:
I love the variety! And I used just stencils and acrylic paint
Ogni pagina è cosi diversa, eppure sono gli stessi acrilici e stencils
With this I participate on MiniAlbumMakers challenge blog.

8 commenti:

micisip.blogspot.com ha detto...

Wonderful! Love your book so much!

Cocofolies ha detto...

Wow wow wow!!!!
I think you're right, I just LOVE your pages like that... nothing more needed. Especially as you had the great idea to cut the edges of some of the pages so nicely, Gio!
Fabulous book and sample of the power of gelprinting!!!!
A big hug ;-)

Gerrina ha detto...

This looks so sunny and fresh; great how this is transformed! Keep your week colourful...

Jackie PN ha detto...

I had to laugh at your joke about being only "slightly" obsessed! Tha's an artist for you, when they are in it...they are in it! And you are really into it! LOL

Another great journal full of gorgeous colorful play!! Good for you Gio!
Jackie xo

Alice (scrAPpamondo) ha detto...

Wow!! Direttamente sul libro! :D Ma che spettacolo!!!!! Ogni pagina è una delizia per gli occhi, davvero un peccato scriverci sopra... magari solo una piccola etichetta.... ma piccola, eh! :D LOL Bellissimo come hai movimentato i bordi con i tagli e le linee nere!! Mi piace mi piace mi piace un sacco!!!!!
https://www.pinterest.it/pin/534802524498870370/

Words and Pictures ha detto...

You don't ever need to apologise for sharing your amazing Gelli prints... this book is glorious. I love the different cut out shapes for each page spread, and the translucent paint layers look so amazing against the book text. Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in with us at Mini Album Makers.
Alison x

SewPaperPaint ha detto...

Sweet Gio, your colorful style always sets my heart ablaze! This is such a creative and beautiful journal. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Mini Album Makers. Hugs, Autumn

Inna Bronnikova ha detto...

Great album! Very beautiful! Thanks for joining the Mini Album Makers Challenge blog.