mercoledì 26 luglio 2017

Tutorial: ShabbyChic MixedMedia Altered Clipboard

So, for the craft exhibition I attended lately (here some pictures) I needed a display where to explain what Midoris are, since these were the only stuff I was selling. I thought it was high time to revampe this nice but sloppy clipboard. I tried hard to go out of my comfort zone, using a soft, shabby palette with mainly my second last favourite colour (being green the first one). 
Per la mostra creativa a cui ho partecipato un paio di settimane fa (qui alcuni scatti dell'evento) avevo bisogno di qualcosa dove spiegare cosa sono le Midori: ho pensato fosse il momento giusto di trasformare questa lavagnetta con pinza, carina di suo, ma un pò anonima. Ho cercato di uscire dai miei soliti colori e fare qualcosa di un pò diverso.
After
If you like to have a try, it is really simple to make and very effective! I used DecoArt products, perfect for any MixedMedia projects. Here a small tutorial:
Qui il tutorial, da pinnare o salvare nel proprio pc, la tecnica è facilissima!


I think this may fit the last challenge on: Simon Says Stamp blog: You’ve Got The Edge, since the focal point of this clipboard are the corners...no doubt!

14 commenti:

Sab_myart ha detto...

Bellissima..... e la pagina da un tocco in più! Ci piace!

Pamela ha detto...

Mi piace tantissimo... e i colori sono decisamente nelle mie corde ;-)

Anna-Karin ha detto...

Wow, it is gorgeous!! I love that wonderful background and all the texture. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

craftytrog ha detto...

I love the textures on your beautiful altered clipboard Gio, and you used my favourite colours! Gorgeous effects!
Alison xx

Flo Langley ha detto...

Fantastic project Gio. Adore it.
Hugs Flo xx

Crafty Claire ha detto...

This is lovely, my favourite colour scheme and would make a great gift for Christmas or birthdays.

Jackie PN ha detto...

Very cool transformation Gio! Love the use of lace!
Jackie xx

Words and Pictures ha detto...

Lovely, lovely! The delicate teal/duck egg blue is wonderful with the hints of gold, and I love how it all looks over the book text. Brilliant makeover!
Alison x

Mia ha detto...

What a great tutorial and a beautiful project! I love it, Gio. Kisses.

maj. ha detto...

It is perfect project!!!! Love the colors!!!

Cocofolies ha detto...

Oh Gio, this is so great and a brilliant idea!!!
Absolutely gorgeous, kept enough simple to well show off the text on your Midori journals.
Thank you for the step-by-step photos, just perfect to understand and repeat the process if needed.
I sincerely hope your craft exhibition and sales have well run and that you spent beautiful moments and meetings.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) ha detto...

Non saranno i tuoi soliti colori, ma l'impronta artistica si riconosce a mille miglia lo stesso! :D Favoloso mix di turchese e oro, molto estivo e vintage! E i pizzi lo rendono ancora più prezioso. Ottima idea per la mostra!

Giulia ha detto...

E' veramente bello vedere le foto dei tuoi work in progress! La maga dei colori e dell'inventiva! Bravissima Giò!

SusanLotus ha detto...

This one is something I rally love.
The material, the texture, the colours...
It´s great to use small peaces of lace like that.
Have a wonderful summerday!
( I hear you are having extremely hot weather in South Europe! )

Sussie