giovedì 3 agosto 2017

Tutorial: DIY Stencilled Apron

A needed a new apron, really, really needed a new apron to wear during my workshops because I was fed up with my yellowish one (due to an unkind wash), so I took an old white cotton sheet and stencils, along with acryclic paints.
I used the old apron as a template just lying it on the cotton sheet, tracing the shape and cutting it out. With the help of a friend, I discovered the bias binding: wow I just sewn it along the border of the apron and it was done! I had no idea it would be so easy :-O
Avevo disperatamente bisogno di un nuovo grembiule da indossare ai corsi, ero proprio stufa del vecchio, piuttosto giallino e moscio (vittima di rifacimento con lavaggio) che avevo. Quindi ho preso un vecchio lenzuolo bianco, stencil e colori acrilici e voilà!
Ho preso il modello da quello vecchio e grazie ad una amica che mi fatto scoprire lo sbieco francese (!!!) in un attimo il grembiule era pronto da decorare.
Before the "treatment":
Appena cucito:
And after...matching with my own craftroom, no less...
E dopo, tutto colorato e abbinato alla craftroom
Some details:

And a step by step, really super easy to make:
Pochi passi per ottenere questo risultato:
Sistemare gli stencils sulla stoffa e spruzzare con i colori acrilici
Lay the stencils on the fabric and spray some (hand-made if you like) acrylic paints
Spray until you happy with the result
Stencil some details using a sponge and bold colours
Con una spugnetta e dei colori molto intensi aggiungere i dettagli
Don't forget to clean your stencils on some cardstock, to use later on several projects
Non dimenticarsi di pulire gli stencils su del cartoncino, così gli sfondi sono già pronti:
Happy Summer to everyone !!!
Buonissima estate a tutti!

12 commenti:

Karen ha detto...

Your new apron looks amazing my friend! I am still using my apron that you sprayed!!!! xxx

Karen ha detto...

Oh and the cats are GORGEOUS!!!!!! xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) ha detto...

Awwwww..... Gio, questo grembiule è straordinario!!!! Che favola!!! Mipiacemipiacemipiaceeeeeee!!!!! :D
Ieri ho pasticciato un po' con mia nipote e abbiamo usato i tuoi stencil e fatto gli spray con gli acrilici, come mi hai insegnato tu.... Ci siamo divertite un sacco!
A proposito di stencil, ma dove è finito il tuo negozio daWanda?? Volevo comprarne un altro ma non li trovo più... :(

Deliziosi i micini in relax sulla poltrona... sono tuoi?

Crafty Claire ha detto...

What a brilliant idea! Perfect words too to let loose your creativity. I am very envious of your cats. I love cats but my husband is not keen and plus we live in a flat and are hardly ever around to give them love and attention. My husband knows if he dies I will have a cat by the end of the week!!!!!!

craftytrog ha detto...

A beautiful, summery apron Gio!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Alison xx

Pamela ha detto...

L'hai reso decisamente tuo... inconfondibile fra mille ;-)

Cocofolies ha detto...

Fantastic!!!!!
I have one to do, I must follow your way of course, it looks easy peasy! the best when we NEED time :-)
And....
Happy....
BIRTHDAY Gio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A big big hug, I hope you will have a wonderful day my dearest Gio.


Jackie PN ha detto...

Gio!!! What an absolutely fabulous apron!! It is gorgeous!! truly gorgeous!!
I love your crafting room as well and your kitties are just darling!!
huge hugs,Jackie

SusanLotus ha detto...

Cool!
Hapy dummeto you too.
And to your lovely cats!

Sussie

Words and Pictures ha detto...

What a fabulous rainbow world you inhabit, Gio! Your apron is glorious, and looks right at home in your colourful craft room... inspiration everywhere. I'm hoping to spend a few days as relaxed as your cats this week!
Alison x

maj. ha detto...

What a great idea Gio! Beautiful!!!!!

Mia ha detto...

Love this wonderful idea, Gio. Kisses, my friend.