giovedì 5 marzo 2020

Tutorial:Tiny Mini Butterfly Album

A while ago (november 2016!!) I made this minibook that I love to bits, still today :-)
I love to make hand-made mini books. You can use them as minialbums, to hold some pictures from a holiday or shots from your childhood, or use them to stamp meaningful quotes and give it to someone. You just need heavy cardstock for the cover, lighter cardstock for the inner pages, stamps, paints and your imagination
I used my favourite stamps by IndigoBlu

Step by step:
Step1- Cut 3 pieces of cardstocks to size and join them together with masking tape. 
Step2- Glue some patterned papers to the cover. 
Step3- To tone down the colours a little bit, cover with a layer of white gesso.
Step4- Give a wash of acrylic paints or crystal colours. 
Step5- Cut a concertina out of cream cardstock.
Step6- Colour and stamp the inner pages. 
Adhere the concertina to the cover. Embellish it with a stamped butterfly, a twisted wire and bits of lace. With this I participate on MiniAlbumMakers challenge blog

5 commenti:

Christine Alexander ha detto...

I always love your colour selection and this little book is so cute :)

experiments in paper ha detto...

Sweet little album, and love your colors - the crystals are so fun, aren't they?! Clever use of the concertina as well - very inspirational! Best, Lynn

Words and Pictures ha detto...

Oh, that is so pretty... the translucent colours with the layers below look so gorgeous. And I love the textures and the butterfly.
Alison x

Crafty Claire ha detto...

A gorgeous little book. You always make the pink colour scheme work so well but I always get muddy colours. I'll stick to my greens and blues! xxx

Jennie Atkinson ha detto...

I absolutely love your stunning book ..... gorgeous colours and details. Thank you for joining us at Mini Album Makers for our challenge this month. Jennie x