martedì 14 novembre 2017

Tutorial: Fabric Stencilled Mini Houses

Do you remember the mini fabric houses made when I introduced my new line of stencils? I've found  a proper use for them (and it's not a Midori! ;-)) and in this post I show you a small tutorial how to make them.
Ricordate le casettine fatte per il lancio dei miei nuovi stencil? Gli ho trovato una bella collocazione (e non è una Midori! eheheh;-)) e oggi ne approfitto per farvi vedere il tutorial su come farle.

Stencil a piece of white cotton (I upcycled bed linen, usually)  using acrylic paints with a sponge.
Stencillate un pezzetto di cotone bianco (io uso di solito un vecchio lenzuolo bianco) con colori acrilici ed una spugnetta
Trace with a pencil the houses shapes, twice as the back and front.
Tracciare le forme delle casette usando lo stencil ed una matita
Cut out leaving a small border all around for sewing.
Taglare asciando un piccolo margine per la cucitura
Add windows and doors still using the stencil and a permanent fine point marker
Aggiungere porticine e finestre con un pennarello permanente
Sew two in pairs, leave a hole on the bottom, put some stuff and close the hole.
Cucire lungo i bordi, lasciare il fondo aperto, inserire l'imbottitura e richiudere!

You can find the 'Funky Village' stencil, in stock again, on my Dawanda shop:
Potete trovare lo stencil 'Funky Village', di nuovo disponibile, nello shop Dawanda :

6 commenti:

maj. ha detto...

I love this houses!!!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) ha detto...

Che carine le casette così cicciotte!!! :D Perfette come ciondolo!
Appena trovo il tempo (che non ho) devo tirare fuori la macchina da cucire (che ho... ma non so neppure come si infila, che vergogna LOL) e fare qualcosa con i tuoi splendidi stencils e la stoffa!!! Sei una continua fonte di ispirazione!!
P.S. ... "Stencillate" è bellissimo!!! :D

Jackie PN ha detto...

Gio!
What a great idea!! As I was reading this, I thought, why not create a village? These would look lovely sewed together as a banner of a village!
I love how you inspire!
love & hugs,Jackie xo

Immi ha detto...

Absolutely adorable! Such a cute way to use those stencils!

Cocofolies ha detto...

Hi my dear Gio, so sorry for my absence on your blog these last times, as you know I met some troubles at home... :(
Things should go back to the normal soon, at least I hope so.
I love your colourful fabric little houses (and the midori too behind lol!), absolutely GORGEOUS and so charming!!!!!
Will be able to work with them quickly now, I hope. So happy to have them!
Hugs, Coco xxx

Giulia ha detto...

Tu stai troppo avanti!!! :)
Bellissime queste casette tutte colorate! In tema con lo zaino di Michela, la tua nuova amichetta!!! :)