mercoledì 12 luglio 2017

Altered round suitcase and Craft Exhibition

Many many years ago (ok, two) I had the chance to alter a thrifted metallic round suitcase. I left it behind due to luggage restrictions and I even lost the pictures I took, but eventually is here; one of my favourite artwork ever, glad I've got it back!
C'era una volta una valigetta rotonda di metallo presa al negozio dell'usato. Alterata con tanto amore, si è poi persa nei meandri del tempo e della Terra. Oggi è finalmente tornata dopo tanti anni (ok, due, dai) nelle mie mani:
Le solite, impareggiabili carte della Graphic45:
This suitcase was with me at an exhibition I attended last weekend in Alghero. 26 Sardinian artists showed their artworks, these are some glimpse of them:
E la valigetta è venuta con me alla mostra organizzata questo weekend ad Alghero: 26 creative della Sardegna, con delle cose meravigliose in esposizione. Questi alcuni scatti:
Questa è pasta di pane, il capello della bambola anche. Il costume è una perfetta riproduzione del costume tipico sardo del mio paese: 
These flowers and the doll cap are made of bread dough. The dress is a miniature copy of the Sardinian traditional costume.
La bellissima ceramica Raku:
Beautiful Raku ceramic artifacts
Rivisitazione dei bottoni del costume sardo
A modern use of the traditional Sardinian silver buttons:
Bags made out of coffee beans plastic bags:
Borse fatte interamente di buste del caffe:
A doll house made just of fabric:
Una casa delle bambole fatta tutta di stoffa:
It's been an amazing experience!

9 commenti:

Francesca Mei ha detto...

Doveva essere una mostra stupenda!!Sarei tanto voluta esserci.E poi pensa un pò,ad alghero non ci sono mai stata,devo rimediare!

Karen ha detto...

Firstly...your case is amazing!!! Secondly, what beautiful crafts were on display. Do I spy one of your coffee pots on display too? I really hope that you had a stand there as your work is so beautiful xxx

Crafty Claire ha detto...

The case is definitely the best. A gorgeous work of art with so much detail xxx

Florence ha detto...

Fantastic project. I can see why you are pleased to have it back. The exhibition looked interesting. It must be fun and inspiring to see all of the different projects, styles and ideas from other artists. TFS the photo. Hope your summer is going well.
Hugs Flo xx

craftytrog ha detto...

It must have been an amazing exhibition! I love your altered case, and the other beautiful artworks!
Alison xx

nefertiti ha detto...

questa esposizione mi sembra bellissima. è molto interessante di vedere la creazione degli altri.
la tua valigetta è una meraviglia!!!
Ti auguri un buon WE.
un bacio
Sylvie

Mia ha detto...

You are a great artist, Gio. I love all your work. I loved the suitcase. I am sure it was a great exhibition.

Words and Pictures ha detto...

Your altered suitcase is absolutely exquisite - such details and such uplifting colours. Thank you for sharing all the incredible creative inspiration on display at the exhibition - what a fantastic thing to be part of, and I have no doubt your work was much admired.
Alison x

Anonimo ha detto...

I wanted to thank you for this fantastic read!! I absolutely enjoyed every little bit of
it. I have you bookmarked to check out new things you post…