lunedì 21 agosto 2023

EcoPrinting No Boiling No Mordant, does it work?!

Hello everyone, it's been a pretty while since I posted here, and in the meantime I got hooked by, well, another obsession: eco printing! I attended a very thoroughly -in person- workshop about it, and I was pretty sure I would never attempted it in the future because it was too much hassle, especially the boiling and the mordant part (adding some chemicals to the water to prep the fabric/paper). 
But curiosity won me over and I decided to ride the heat wave that hit Italy this Summer. I made several experiments, and filmed two videos, very long ones, you can watch them double speed, since my English is pretty simple and I speak slow :-)
First experiments using a tin can, iron blanket on paper:

Experiments with a proper rusted tube on fabric and paper:


Here's a short showing a notebook made out of ecoprinted papers:


2 commenti:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) ha detto...

Meravigliose eco-stampe!! Vado subito a vedermi il video!

Crafty Claire ha detto...

Brilliant results...will need a bit of warmth and sunshine to get things going in the UK!