martedì 13 agosto 2019

Tutorial: Altered Egg Carton 'Time'... with Visible Image

Hello everyone and welcome back! If you're following my blog for a while you know this is not the first egg carton I've altered over the years, I have a soft spot for them and these can become useful containers for small trinkets as watch parts or buttons. This time I was inspired by a gorgeous stamp set by Visible Image 'Somewhere in Time'. I used my favourite colours and I am pretty happy with the result.
Scroll to the end of this post for the step by step:


Cover with white gesso the egg carton:
Stamp the main image on cardstock and sentiments on tissue paper using the Visible Image stamp 'Somewhere in Time'
Spray acrylic paint and add a bit of crystal pigments such as Pixie and Infusions
Spread black embossing paste throug the VI stencil ' Time Tunnel'
Adhere the stamped images with glue and the tissue paper brushing some gel medium under and on top of it.

6 commenti:

Christine Alexander ha detto...

Now I need to save my next egg carton. this is such a fun container Gio :)

craftytrog ha detto...

A great project! It looks amazing Gio!
Alison xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) ha detto...

Che trasformazione!!! Davvero intrigante!! Non è il mio stile, ma è molto bello e mi piace un sacco l'orologio/Nautilus all'interno!!!! Grazie per il tutorial!
Oggi ho gellato tutto il pomeriggio con mia nipote, ma ho avuto un sacco di problemi, perchè l'acrilico asciugava troppo in fretta. Colpa del caldo, degli acrilici un po' vecchi o del media plate di John Next Door che ho acquistato al posto del gelli plate... Non so...
Il mio gelli DY Iinvece -seppure conservato in frigo- ha fatto un sacco di muffe colorate e ho dovuto buttarlo. :/
Un abbraccio

sarascloset ha detto...

What a great transformation; both pretty and useful! Love it!

maj. ha detto...

A fantastic Alteration Gio!!!!

Crafty Claire ha detto...

A lovely project and useful too. I'm sure the first time I saw a display of painted egg boxes was in a bar in Milan. Is it an Italian thing? xx