martedì 17 ottobre 2017

Video Tutorial: Tie and Dye Fabric Midori

I love to use fabric in my projects, especially fabric designed, painted, sprayed, stamped by me...So, due to a video-tutorial I watched on YT (by the wonderful SeaLemon) and my passion to convert anything in Midori, came out this project and video tutorial. Of course with this technique you can decorate tee-shirt as well or whatever you are inspired you to make with these unique, one of the kind fabric.
In this video I show you how to start from white cotton to a finished Midori cover and inserts. Enjoy!
Mi piace tantissimo lavorare con le stoffe, colorate da me, timbrate e distressate, così quando un giorno ho visto su Youtube un video (della seguitissima SeaLemon) sul tie-dye sono impazzita,  la tecnica è facilmente applicabile alle magliette, cuscini e complementi d'arredo. Nel video faccio vedere tutta la tecnica partendo dal cotone bianco fino alla realizzazione di una Midori (la mia ossessione) e relativi quadernini.
Italian Version
English version:

I attached the pockets with a piece of velcro adhesive 
Le taschine sono applicate al retro copertina con del velcro adesivo.
A bookmark made with leftovers
Il segnalibro fatto con gli avanzi
I participate on the challenge on the brand new challenge blog: Mini Album Makers

This is a really simple bag I made with the same technique. I rinsed too much the fabric before dry, so I lost a little bit the spiral pattern (now I don't rinse the fabric at all).
E qui una borsina facilissima da fare. La stoffa l'ho sciacquata prima di asciugarla, quindi ha perso un di definizione, adesso non sciacquo più.

and ....by the way, -30 subscribers to reach 1000 followers on my YouTube channel, so, if you like, subscribe to my channel, I would really appreciate it!
E con estremo piacere, ho scoperto mancano 30 sottoscrittori per raggiungere i 1000 followers sul mio canale YouTube. Quindi, se vi va, sottoscrivete!

16 commenti:

simo ha detto...

Beh Gio...che dire se non che meraviglia!!! Bravissima...e adesso mi iscrivo su YT!!! Un abbraccio xxx Simona

Crafty Claire ha detto...

This is phenomenal! I love the bright colours and patterns and that every piece is completely unique xxx

Francesca Mei ha detto...

Che meraviglia di colori questa midori!

Gloria Stengel ha detto...

Such a colorful project! Thanks for sharing with us at Mini Album Makers Challenge Blog!

Nancy Wethington ha detto...

This took me right back to the '70's and my tie-dying days. Great colors and a fab job of tie-dying. Thanks for joining the challenge at Mini Album Makers blog.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) ha detto...

Ma sei sempre una scoperta dopo l'altra!!!:D Anche il tie-dye!!! Lo adoro anche io, mi ricorda gli anni verdi della mia gioventù :D Bellissimo il midori in questa versione, con le frangette e persino il segnalibro! Vado subito a godermi il video!!! :D Congratulazioni per il numero di followers di youtube, meritatissimo!!!
P.S. Grazie per il commento sul midori di Aurora, mia nipote si gasa sempre per i tuoi commenti, stravede per i tuoi lavori e mi ha già chiesto "quando andiamo in Sardegna a fare un corso da Gio??" :D Fosse per lei, saremmo già lì e vorrebbe anche conoscere i tuoi gatti :D

Alice (scrAPpamondo) ha detto...

Ehi, dimenticavo, favolosa anche la borsina!!!:)

Jackie PN ha detto...

GORGEOUSNESS!
Have I told you how much I love your color play??? This is fabulous Gio! Knocked my socks off when I saw it- (actually my dog stole my socks) lol
Love your art my friend! xo

Redanne ha detto...

Oh my goodness, your album is quite simply gorgeous!!! I love the colours, the design and the bookmark is such a wonderful addition too. I already subscribe to your YT channel but hope you achieve your 1000 soon! Thanks so much for joining in our October challenge at Mini Album Makers. Anne xx

SewPaperPaint ha detto...

You are so very clever my friend! Your projects always amaze and inspire me. This is no exception! Thanks as always for sharing your process to encourage each of us. We are so thankful that you shared with us at Mini Album Makers. Big hugs, Autumn

maj. ha detto...

Love this technics Gio!!!! Great tutorial!

Mia ha detto...

Amazing! Super! Excellent! I did not know how to tie-dye fabric Midori!!! Thank you so much, Gio, for the video and the beautiful photos. Kisses, my friend!

craftytrog ha detto...

Wonderful projects Gio! I love the bag, so original!
Alison xx

Words and Pictures ha detto...

I always love your wild way with colour, and this is bold even for you! Amazing! I've just subscribed to your YouTube channel, so you're one step closer... and I'm looking forward to checking out some videos too.
Alison x

Inna Bronnikova ha detto...

Such a colorful project! Wonderful tutorial! Thank you so much for playing along at Mini Album Makers.

Words and Pictures ha detto...

Oops - I should also have said thanks for playing along with us at Mini Album Makers.
Alison x