venerdì 5 agosto 2016

The dark side of Stamps and Stencil

And the new theme on TIMI CraftStamper magazine challenge blog is..."Stamp and Masks" (and of course stamps)! Easy peasy, I think I use stamps and stencils in every single altered art, cards or ArtJournal page. And the sponsor of this month is...surprise, you can read at the bottom :-)
I created two cards that match an altered cherry crate I made a while ago. This post and the next one show perfectly there are two creative side of me, the simple and almost geometrical style and the bright, colourful and messy one. I wonder if I am a sort of schizo-art kind of type.
Ed il nuovo tema sul challenge blog di TIMI CraftStamper magazine è 'Maschere e Stencil" (e timbri, naturalmente). Penso di usare questi in ogni singolo progetto che faccio da anni ormai, sull'AJ, sulle card, sull'altered. E lo sponsor di questo mese è...sorpresa, lo vedrete alla fine :-).
Ho creato due card, molto nere e geometriche abbinate ad un vassoio alterato che conteneva ciliege. Questo post, tutto scuro e ordinato mi fa pensare al mio stile, talvolta molto pulito e semplice altre il più incasinato e alternativo possibile. Sarò un pò schizofrenica? Doppia personalità? Mah...

For the tray I used the Decoart Metallic Lustre with stencil and a palette knife, to have texture. For the card I use the same metallic paste but with a sponge, so I get a one layer card. This product is marvellous, and so shining!
Per il vassoio ho usato le paste della Decoart Metallic Lustre con gli stencils e una palettina per dare rilievo, invece sulle card ho usato lo stesso prodotto su una spugnetta, cosi l'effetto è piatto ma iridiscente.

And the sponsor of this month is ....
And you can win 4 of my stencils, my bestselling ones:
Partecipando alla sfida si possono vincere 4 dei miei stencils più di successo:

15 commenti:

rachel ha detto...

Oh wow gio ... amazing work and what a fab prize. Happy birthday lovely lady xx

Florence ha detto...

Wonderful makes Gio. Hope you are having a lovely day. Have a great weekend.
Flo xx

Juliz Design Post ha detto...

More fabulous makes and great designs.
Julie x

Karen ha detto...

These are absolutely beautiful Gio xxx

Tra carta, timbri e colori di Giulia ha detto...

Che spettacolo! Non ho parole per descrivere la tua creatività!

Craftyfield ha detto...

Yes I thought this was unusual for you... no pinks, no mess! I think sometimes we yearn for something different, I don't think you're schizo, just normal! And I do love this delicate and clean look!

Linda ha detto...

These are stunning ..... love the colour in the backgrounds. Great stencils too by the way xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) ha detto...

...Macchè schizofrenica, sei un'artista a 360 gradi!!! :D Questi tuoi lavori mi ricordano l'oriente, l'africa (nera) e anche quei pezzi d'artigianato artistico sardo del museo (precedente post). Il vassoio è un vero spettacolo!!! E queste card sono elegantissime e delicate!!!
Sponsorizzi il challenge di TIMI craft stamper magazine??? Wow wow!! Ormai sei lanciatissima!! Complimenti! :D
Il primo commento parla di compleanno... è vero? Se lo è, TANTI AUGURIIII!!!!

Sam & Poppy ha detto...

Fabulous makes and Happy Birthday from Poppy and me xxx

Jackie PN ha detto...

Gorgeous Gio!! I always forget to use black the way you did-thank you for reminding me how beautiful it is!!
Thank you also for taking the time to explain about the costumes, I think they are so beautifully handcrafted and the details are exquisite! Even though they are not often worn by contemporaries,it is still wonderful to have such sweet traditions!
hugs,Jackie xx

ps. the question about the snow on the mountain? It looked like the Phantom of the Opera to me!

Cocofolies ha detto...

You Gio, a schizo-Art-something?... hem... why not??... hahaha!!!
Great cards, for me I LOVE all your sides, bright and dark, so schizo is perfect. LOL.
As well as the sponsor of the challenge, wow, fabulous gift for the winner!!!
I really hope I can join in this month, will do all my possible :-)

Nefertiti ha detto...

Absolutely gorgeous Gio!!!!!!!
Bisous

Nikki K ha detto...

Gio these are gorgeous, love the peacock and birds and the fab colours of your stencilling. Hugely proud to be your team mate, you clever bird! xx

craftytrog ha detto...

Bella!!! xx

Crafty Claire ha detto...

These are stunning. I love the contrast of the colours and the really crisp silhouettes xxx