mercoledì 15 aprile 2015

Face & Panpastels page

I've never drew (and showed) a face on any of my several artjournals, eventually I took the plunge, maybe inspired by the beautiful artworks of Jane Davenport, a well famous australian artist and teacher.
Anyway, I made a step by step here, not a tutorial at all, I am really a beginner and the pastel fixative helped me a lot! The butterflies cover the awful hairline...another helper :-)
Non avevo mai disegnato prima una faccia sui miei numerosi artjournal. Perche? Boh, troppo impegnativo e psicologico...stavolta ho detto o la va o la spacca, forse ispirata dalla bravissima Jane Davenport. Ho usato i PanPastels e la matita a carboncino, ed il fissativo per non contaminare i colori, un sacco di fissativo!
I drew with a pencils the face above a background where I cleaned my stencils from another project and I gessoed the shape.
Sono partita da una pagina sulla quale avevo pulito gli stencils, ho disegnato il viso e gessato per schiarire l'aerea
I  drew the main features with a charcoal pencil and started to colour it with Panpastels
Sono partita col carboncino ed i PanPastels, e qui mi sono accorta che avevo bisogno del fissativo spray.
At this stage, to avoid messing the Panpastels with the pencil I used a fixative
And I finished to colour with the PanPastels
Ho finito di colorare il viso e le foglie
Since I didn't like the hearline I covered it with butterflies cutted from an old scrapbooking page
Ho ritagliato e gessato delle farfalle per coprire l'attaccatura dei capelli che proprio non mi piaceva
I wrote the journal using a black Gelato and a waterbrush
Ho scritto il journaling pazientemente con il Gelato nero ed un pennellino.
Hope this inspires you to draw a face, it's fun, no matter the result!
Ammetto di esserne soddisfatta, anche se è un pò stranina...

I participate on the Panpastel Challenge: anything goes 
And since I wrote the journal just in the middle, I hope this fits the new challenge "In the middle" at Simonsaysstamp blog Mondaychallenge.

14 commenti:

Pamela ha detto...

wow che meraviglia!!!

Karen ha detto...

She is beautiful Gio!!!! I recently bought Jane Davenports book and can recommend it :-D. You should be very proud of this!!!!! Hugs xxx

maj. ha detto...

Absolutely beautiful, Gio!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) ha detto...

Favolosa!! Se non avessi detto che era la pagina dove avevi pulito gli stencil io non l'avrei nemmeno lontanamemnte pensato... sembra fatta aspposta!

Cocofolies ha detto...

This is very beautiful Gio, the face is perfect and so lovely, and in a style not similar to anyone else I think... Great colourful page, I love it!! Bises

Sylvie Collet ha detto...

I never used panpastels. Your page is perfect with this lovely face!!!
Bises, sylvie

craftytrog ha detto...

What a beautiful page, your lady is lovely Gio. I love the bold journaling too, against those bright colours.
Have a great weekend xxx

Analia Cristina ha detto...

Molto carina,ha un'aria alle Hawai!!

LauraVi ha detto...

Io adoro questa pagina! Meno male hai iniziato a disegnarle le donne, sei bravissima!!

Sam & Poppy ha detto...

Very beautiful Gio, your true colours are gorgeous :)
Big hugs from Poppy and me xxx

Medea ha detto...

Mi piace tantissimo! E poi adoro le farfalline :-) :-)
p.s. gelatos arrivati

Words and Pictures ha detto...

There's a wonderful fairytale atmosphere to these pages - beautiful work, Gio.
Alison xx

Dana Tatar ha detto...

Gorgeous!

Unknown ha detto...

fai delle cose davvero bellissime, sei troppo brava *-* come mescoli i colori poi è una vera meraviglia